Tana E520 Landfill Compactor 2012
Full re-man, 2500 hours
2012 Tana E520 Sydney
- Machine has undergone a full re-man
- New engine, wiring harnesses, cooler pack
- 2500 hours
Pictures are of actual machine.
TANA E Series Landfill Compactors
TANA is the first purpose-built waste compactor on the market. The TANA E Series is the result of long-term product development and proven solutions which bring remarkable benefits to the user.
Among the unique features which set TANA landfill compactors apart from other compactors on the market:
- Full-width twin-drum construction
- Rigid frame construction
- Crushing teeth
Designed for maximized uptime and cost-efficient operation
This design provides maximized uptime of the machine.
TANA E Series compactors are able to handle waste on landfill sites in a cost-efficient way, with:
- Fewer passes
- Simplified maintenance
- Good drivability
- Easier machine management and controls
- Therefore, providing better compaction and waste treatment capacity with lower operating costs.
Distinctive features of the TANA E Series landfill compactors
Rigid frame design advantages
A rigid frame provides the optimum crushing force. That is why the TANA compactor has been built around a rigid articulating frame which provides up to 100 percent greater crushing force on a single drum, compared to an oscillating four-wheeler of a similar weight.
- Provides maximum crushing force; articulation of +/- 40 degrees but zero oscillation
- Allows an even load spreading with its wide and always level blade
- Minimizes undesirable cabin swing
- No uncontrolled weight shifting
- Maximum compaction
- Very simple design and extremely robust construction
- Excellent traction and no slipping or sinking wheels
With a wide drum, machine movement is cut in half compared to the number of compaction passes needed by a four-wheeler. Thus, a wide drum saves both time and fuel by minimizing excessive driving.
TANA Twin-drum construction
The compaction force of the full-width twin drums is directed straight down, thus preventing waste extrusion from underneath the compactor.
Wide drums provide excellent traction, very little to none slipping and do not sink in the below waste. This also produces the unrivalled smooth and dense surface.
With a TANA compactor, a one-way machine movement cuts in half the number of compaction passes needed by a four-wheeler.
Twin drum advantages and features
- Achieve two full-width passes with a single machine movement
- Provide the most uniform compaction of any machine on the market - no uncompacted gaps remain between wheels
- Maximizes waste treatment capacity (tons per hour) - width combined with speed provide maximum traction with multiple rows of teeth leave a level surface of unparalleled smoothness
- End plates concentrate compaction force straight down
The size, shape, structure and total number of the crushing teeth is important. In a TANA E Series landfill compactor, the teeth are 200 mm (7.8") in height, allowing thorough, highly wear-resistant penetration of every fresh waste layer.
The teeth are designed in the shape of a pyramid, are made of solid steel, and are kept clean by a large number of adjustable scraper bars.